Handi Quilter Education Event – 3 B’s – Background, Borders and Blocks
October 26 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Sewing Cafe is pleased to host, Kelli Burton one of Handi Quilter’s National Educators for 2 full days of Quilting Education! For everyone who loves to quilt!
Each session is 3 hours long, $60/session + HST
Blocks, backgrounds and borders These are the basic components of many pieced quilt tops and there are tricks to quilting them a cohesive overall look, while creating your own personal style. Learn how to select and adapt designs to compliment each area and how to accomplish the quilting easily and efficiently. Tried and true fillers and ‘go-to’ designs will be featured.
- Creating a step-by-step plan for custom quilting your quilt
- Adapt block designs for borders and sashings
- How to handle quilting spaces wider than the frame
- How to create background fills and when to use them
- How to audition, resize and adapt quilting designs